Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"Workers of the world unite!" More interesting people in postions of power and influence in our government.

(I am copying this from the Glen Beck show. This video is twenty minutes. The two other videos say the same thing in about three minutes. I saw this and thought it was interesting.)

Andy Stern is the President of the Service Employ International Union. Unions are a means to bring about bigger government. This guy has visited the White House twenty two times. He is working towards building a global organization or as he puts it, " "workers of the world unite". I just finished reading a book on the regimes of Hitler and Stalin and this term was the battle cry of communism and Stalin's goal of a global Bolshevik revolution. Communism in its raw, naked form is dead; but a mild and meek version under the guise of taking care of us is attempting to establish itself in America. To see this just look at some of the people that are in positions of power in our government. The video is one minute and fifteen seconds. I think what this guy is trying to say is fairly obvious.

Have you heard of Anita Dunn the White house communication director? She admires a very interesting person. Mao Tse Tung and Mother Teresa are her favorite political philosopher and the two people she turns to most. The first two minutes is the relevant part. Mao was a communist that killed between forty and seventy million people. Why would this be here favorite political philosopher? I am trying to understand what she is trying to say from this clip. Maybe she is saying you don't have to follow someone else's path or definition of how to do things but you can admire them?

The manufacturing Czar has some interesting thoughts. I don't know the complete context of what he is talking about. Is he being sarcastic? When I look at what other people in the Obama White House have said, I have some doubts about him being sarcastic or joking here.
Generally speaking, we get the joke. We know that the free market is nonsense. We know that the whole point is to gain the system. To beat the market or at least find someone who will pay a lot of money cause they're convinced that there is a free lunch. We know it is largely about power, that it's an adult only no limit game. We kind of agree with Mao that political power comes largely comes from the barrel of a gun, and we get it that if you want a friend you should get a dog.
The free market is nonsense?

The list of people with an affinity for communism in positions of power in our government keep growing. When will the list end? A part of me wants to hopes these quotes are taken out of context. It looks like with the results of these current elections that the public opinion is changing and these people are running out of time; but the Left's goal of bringing about this form of government will never end, and I believe this goal will eventually be realized in some form at a much later date. I guess the election of Obama shows how people react when it seems like the economy is crumbling and things seem very bad--they elect a charismatic-savior-like leader with an affinity for communism that can speak well , has rock star power, has a nice slogan with a nice and catchy ring, and wants to fundamentally transform America. I hope all of this debt doesn't create an even worse economic situation or even an economic collapse. Who will the people elect to fix that mess?

8 comments:

  1. I am motivated and happy about the elections so far in Virginia. A sign of good things to come?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krauthammer gives a good answer in one and half minutes here. http://hotair.com/archives/2009/11/04/krauthammer-so-much-for-last-years-democratic-realignment/

    It seems like from what I have read that there will be a good size Democrat defeat in 2010. President Obama won the election by a fairly small margin and most of the Country is conservative. It is inevitable that there will be a pull back from this massive stride towards the left. But at the end of the day the direction that the country is headed will not change and the Left will be closer to achieving its goal of establishing its goal of fundamentally transforming America into a "more just and equitable Country". Over the long run, it is like taking four steps forward and two or three steps back. Over the long run America is moving closer to the left and having a centrally planned economy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking about joining the Army Reserves. The Marine Corps is not taking prior enlisted and I need cheap healthcare for my family. But I want to earn it. What do you guys think? Ashley wants me to do it. She likes the feeling of security the military gave us. Civilians are left to fight for themselves for money and insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if you can get insurance in the reserves. I know a lot of people that are in the reserves and they say it is annoying. The pay is not that good unless you get deployed. You need to see how likely and how often you will deploy. Women always prefer security over freedom.

    It might be a good ideal to keep a foot in the door of the military. When you graduate college and you can't find work, maybe you can go officer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know there is cheap insurance, something like 230 dollars a month for me and my two dependents. My weekend of drill would pay for that. So would be doing a weekend of work for family health coverage and some change.

    But I dont know if I want to go back to that life even if it is part time. It would probably be a lot shittier than what I was hoping for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Jeff's article: yes, it's right in our faces. How can anyone ignore the people that have been forced out of his administration and who are still in the administration? And this SEIU guy is exactly whom we'd expect him to be. Well, a little more blatant and obvious I guess than we would expect. Hopefully, the the elections this week showed that people are waking up.

    Toejamm, before you enlist, just make sure you've got all the facts straight. How long is the enlistment? What exactly do you get for your family's medical benefits?

    You could look at it as a short term thing. I don't know how short a time you can do it, but, if it's just while you're in college, that woulnd't be too bad. Actually, of course, it would be a good thing, so long as you can stay in school mostly. I suppose there is a good chance that you could deploy though and mess up your schedule for college. So, a lot to thing about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldnt mind deploying if it was just a seven month tour like we did in Iraq. But I heard most reserve units are deploying for 14 straight months. F that.

    I just dont want to have to start paying out of pocket for health insurance on my meager income. It would really make things tight. If doing two day drills once a month for health would cover it, then that wouldnt be too bad. Deploying would probably be inevitable though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe I'll go talk to this recruiter guy I've been emailing. He can answer some questions. These guys are like used car salesmen. Dean you should come here and sign up with me. We'll set this recruiter straight. :)

    ReplyDelete