Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Are the American people turning against President Obama's agenda.

I read an article stating that President Obama approval numbers are lower than Jimmy Carter's were at the same point in Carter's Presidency. And I read an article from Dick Morris stating that Obama is loosing power due to the lost of support from the American people. People's opinion might be changing.

Maybe Obama has tried to push his big government agenda too far and people are stopping to take a closer look at the legislation he is trying to pass. I think the Democrats are trying to throw a lot of stuff at the wall and hoping some of it sticks. The health care and cap and trade bills will definitely have a major impact on Americans' lives and are both a major step towards a centrally planned economy. This might be some signs of hope, but Obama and the Democrats are still in control and are still capable of enacting most of their agenda. The public support might force them to limit some of the things they can do. I continue to believe that the Republican will take back power but only after some major changes have occurred in the fabric and structure of our Country. The things done by this President will have forever changed America, much like FDR did. Overall, some glimmers of hope.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. I actually saw CBS nightly news reporting on how Obama should not have called that cop in Mass stupid. I don't know if you guys have heard about that cop arresting the black Harvard professor, but it is an interesting case and I stand by the cop 100%. Obama called the cop stupid. After rethinking his comments and realizing that he has to do some more manipulating in order to gain peoples favor he said that he didnt think the cop was stupid.
    I just liked the fact that CBS cited one of Obama's mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the comment on the cop was a huge eye opener. It showed American where his natural tendencies fall. The closet racist came out in "the first post racial president".

    I'll have to go through the ancient archives to see where I said he would make race relations worse in this country, not better.

    Last night's press conference was an incredible disaster for Bambi. He looked like a fool on his main topic: Health Care, and looked like a race huckster with the Harvard cop thing.

    Wow, some idiots in this country are starting to wake up, and even the lib press is forced to be critical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the last twenty minutes or so of the press conference and I noticed that President Obama seemed like he was stumbling a little bit while answering one question.

    I don't know the whole story about the cop issue, but I do think Obama is focused on race. From the reactions of the instructor and people in my government class, I notice most people are obsessed with the race issue and the fact that Obama is the first black President. They are focused on his race and completely blinded to what he is doing.

    A lot of the things Obama is trying to do will have major ramifications for each American and for the Country as a whole; so the American people would have to be completely brain dead to not stop and take a look.

    ReplyDelete