Wednesday, July 1, 2009

American Idol fan has an orgaism on video.


(I got this off of Boortz.com) With the death of Michael Jackson, I thought this video is worth watching. This video illustrates an extreme case of Americans' preoccupation with pop culture. While most people don't get this involved, they do care more about American Idol and pop culture than they do about government. I notice this while on break at work and school--kids talking about how their parents started crying and how they are emotionally distressed. (I had to write a essay for class about ignorant American voters and explaining the effects this has on the direction our government is taking.)

It is disturbing how people will fall in love with a pop star or a politician . I remember watching the acceptance speech of President Obama and noticing a lot of people in the crowd crying over Obama.
Anyways, a prime example of the "American Idol" voter and their obsession with worshipping a man. I can see the day when crowds of dumb people become so emotionally involved in some politician that they are reduced to this state. When your emotions are this involved your critical thinking part of the brain stops functioning. This is what the future of America holds.

3 comments:

  1. Jeff, you're stealing the words right out of my mouth! At least whenever I get around to writing the next installment of "The Beatles, Totalitarianism, & The Great Depression".
    I think it's natural for people to fall in love (figuratively) with their heroes. Obama is a dynamic hero for mass quantities of Libs. Mass, saturating media reinforces all the good and supresses the bad. Anyway, enough from my upcoming post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like Kyle's reaction when he learned Adam lost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. I cried when adam lost. Ashley and I embraced. Patrick jumped for joy. He hated adam.

    ReplyDelete