Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Oklahoma City murder case

About two weeks ago, a pharmacy was held up by two robbers in Oklahoma. The pharmacist shot one of the robbers and the other fled. The pharmacist chased the other robber out the store but couldn't catch him. After returning inside the store, the pharmacist reloaded his gun and put five more rounds in to the 16 year old robbers chest.

The pharmacist(I forgot his name) is now being charged with first degree murder. I disagree with this being in murder in the first, but the man should be punished. At the same time though, I can see where the prosecutors are coming from. When the pharmacist shot the boy the second time, he was not in danger any more. I don't disagree with the charges too much. But the pharmacist was not in the right state of mind. What do you guys think? Here is the video from the store http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-pharmacist-faces-murder-charge-in-shooting/article/3372941

6 comments:

  1. You have to consider the adrenaline factor. The pharmacist was probably pumped up. I don't know what I would have done in that situation. You have to put yourself in the pharmacist's shoes. I don't think he should be charged with any serious crimes. I love seeing criminals being shot and killed, although the lost of human life is sad. It sends a message to other would be criminals potentially saving other victims and would be criminals from experiencing the same fate. Were the robbers armed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the robbers had a gun in the pharmacists face. Watch the video.
    You have to think though, when the pharmacist returned to the robber for the second shooting, his intent was to kill him. He was not defending himself at that point. I understand the adrenaline factor, but you can't kill someone because you are pumped up. You already shot them once. He should be punished harshly but not as severely as they are pursuing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who're the baddest mofos on the planet - Pharmacists, that's who. That guy reacted like a cat.

    I have no sympathy for the armed robber, however, the pharmacist way too casually came back and finished off the robber. He didn't start his day planning to commit murder. I don't think he deserves the death penalty, but that looked pretty deliberate to me. My sympathy is with him, but I think the law has to be followed there. Guilty - Life with parole. Hopefully, he'll be out in 20 and back being The Badass Pharmacist in 2029.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I saw the video, I can see your point about the pharmacist casually kill the robber, but that might be his way of dealing with stress and the rush of adrenaline, cool under fire. Is what the pharmacist did considered a crime under the law? For all the pharmacist knew the robbers had the intent of doing him bodily harm; they were armed. The law should be followed, but isn't it the jurors decision the determine if what he did was a crime? If I am on the jury I can find a man not guilty even if he did break the law? I remember hearing that somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Bud-D. The video is awesome until he comes back and finishes him off. To say he was amp'ed up he would have to still be in fight or flight mode, which meant he should've been moving like the Tasmanian Devil. The way he casually walked back and walked up to him makes it tough say.

    Sure his heart could have been racing and he just happened to walk slow. But we're supposed to be rational creatures that can, to certain degree, keep our emotions under control. He might have still been jittery, but it was clear he had passed the threshold of fighting for his life.

    In the end we should just send our sympathies, and just be glad there's one less dirtbag out there.

    ReplyDelete