Thursday, August 6, 2009

An interesting Organizing for Health Care reform picture.



This is the official poster of the President Obama's health care reform. I think it is interesting because of the rays coming from the sun and a mass of people standing behind and in support of the "one".

This has touch of a messianic, religious connotation to it. This illustrates the cult like following of President Obama and the state of the American people. I am sure there have been such posters in the past--I don't know--so maybe I am looking at this through a narrow perspective, but it is still interesting in my view.

Nancy Pelosi stated that all of the protesters showing up at these health care meetings are Nazis but sweetness and light.com shows how this logo is similar to the Nazis swastika. I am reading _Liberal Fascism_ by Jonah Goldberg which states that at the core, modern day liberalism is the blood brother of Nazis and Communist. Anyways, this does not mean a great deal to me; but, again, still interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment